The Robotnik Express is a Class I railroad controlled by Dr. Robotnik. It is crucial in shipping consumer goods, fruit and vegetables, food and perishables, and intermodal from out and about to Robotnik's Emporium distribution centers. Unfortunately for the doctor, the train is often late, and when it does arrive, it usually crashes in an explosion and great inferno. Therefore, it is obviously operated by poorly trained employees. However, it is said that at a final point in the journey, operations are taken over by Robotnik's own hired 2-man crew. The railroad formerly employed 'Super sucking vacuum trap' cabooses in case of attack. This has occurred before, such as when the train was involved in bomv plot by Da Bears in 1991.
engines, and cars used.Edit
4 ex-PRR A5s 0-4-0 Steam Locomotive (1975-) one is used today as a shunter.
15 ex-British Railways class 35 "Hymek" (1976-1989, all scrapped in 1990
12 Great Western Railway No. 6833 Calcot Grange steam locomotives. (1983-) 3 of them scrapped in 1993
80 ex-British Railways class 08 shunter (1984-)
80 ex-'British Railways class 08 shunter' (1984-)
31 ex-LMS Fowler Class 3F (1988-)
75 EMD SD70ACe's (2004-)
BR-built LNER Thompson Class B1 (1989-)
10 ex-British Railways class 46 (1984-2005, 1 destroyed/scrapped after collision, 1 sold for preservation, others scrapped in 2005)
- 250 flatcars (including center-beam and coil cars)
- 300 boxcars
- 450 refrigerator cars
- 600 covered hopper cars
- 5 Cabooses with super-sucking vacuum traps (1975-1999, replaced with FREDs, all scrapped exept one in 2001.)
- RX had its first derailment in 1977, when an RX class 35 hauling 10 PC&F boxcars loaded with mushrooms derailed near Nottingham, PA. Luckily, nobody was harmed in the derailment, and every single piece of rolling stoc involved was returned to active service by 1978.
- A collision occurred in 1988, near when an RX class 46 hauling 7 boxcars collided with another freight train hauled by an RX class 35 hauling 8 refrigerator cars. The class 46 was destroyed beyond repair, and was scrapped on the scene. The class 35 was cannibalized for parts to keep the others working, before the whole class was scrapped.
- A highly-publicized hijacking occurred in 1991 of a train hauled by an RX A5s class steam locomotive by a 2-man terrorist organization called "Da Bears".